Prabowo Funds Jokowi-Ahok Candidacy
TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta:Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto will fund the campaign costs of Joko Widodo and Basuki Tjahaja Purnama’s in their Jakarta gubernatorial election bid. This was conveyed when he met with Megawati Soekarnoputri, the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle’s (PDI-P) chairwoman, on March 15.
According to a Tempo source, Prabowo told Basuki, or Ahok, that he would fund the entire cost of the Jokowi-Ahok candidacy when they met on April 24th.
Ahok said that was his first meeting with Prabowo. During the meeting, Prabowo asked about Ahok’s intentions and said he was willing to fund their candidacy.
Ahok said that Prabowo explained to him why Gerindra supported him as deputy governor candidate even though is still a Golkar Party member. One of the reasons was because Ahok is seen to have successfully led East Belitung.
Anton Septian, Pramono (Jakarta), Ahmad Rafiq (Solo)
- Isu Jadi Menteri, Yuddy Chrisnandi: Mudah-mudahan
- Ryamizard: Tak Jadi Menteri Juga Tak Apa
- Jadi Ketua BPK, Ini Prioritas Harry Azhar Aziz
- Ketemu Jokowi, Hendropriyono Curhat Soal Penyakit
- 'Jokowi Enggak Pantas Jadi Presiden'
- Ditinggal Jokowi, Ahok Bikin Gebrakan
- Prabowo Mendadak Temui Jusuf Kalla Sore Ini